This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!
Last night we were hosted by the wonderful church family of Central Baptist Church of Zhytomyr. They served us a wonderful buffet dinner that was enjoyed by our entire team. The special event of the evening was the church’s orchestra playing for us and giving us a short mini concert. They were wonderful and very talented. Bob Ball captured some video of them playing.
The end of two days of travel came and we all were all most grateful for comfortable beds, rooms and showers. The weather is crisp and cool and yesterday was cloudy and rainy.
This morning many of us were surprised that we were wide awake so early. (4 – 5:30 am) The sun comes up here a bit earlier than it does in Central Texas. It is gorgeous crisp and cool bright sunny day.
The Singing Men will be rehearsing this morning while the Mission Partners hold some meetings and prepare for their work. The Central Baptist Church will feed us lunch and we will have our first devotional time with Michael Gott.
Then it is on to why we came. Two concerts at 5 and 7 PM (9 and 11 AM back in Texas) at the Kochergy Theater in Zhytomyr.
As you awake in America please pray for the following:
- Pray to the Father for many to start a new relationship with Jesus tonight.
- Pray for Michael Gott as he preaches and presents the Gospel.
- Pray for Dan Baker, Todd Wilson, Jay Ghormley, and Don Blackley as they lead and direct the Singing Men.
- Pray for our Mission Partners as they have direct contact with those that will attend the concert.
- Pray for speed painter Lance Brown as he shares his gifts during the song “How Deep the Father’s Love For Us”
- Pray for the Singing Men of Texas to have energy and strength as we sing the Gospel through music.
It’s going to be a great day here in Zhytomyr, Ukraine!