MISSION UKRAINE 2016
April 18 – 29, 2016
Here is how you can pray for the mission in Ukraine each day beginning April 18. First, remember the time difference – Ukraine is 8 hours ahead of Central Standard Time. At 7:00 a.m. CST it’s 3:00 p.m. in Ukraine. So we especially need you to pray for us when you wake up and off and on until 3 p.m. your time each day. That’s when we will be most busy and challenged. Most concerts are between 10:00 a.m. and noon Texas time. We ask you to pray fervently each day. We believe that the success of this evangelistic mission is greatly increased by your prayers. We cannot do this alone. We depend on you to pray for God’s touch and triumph on this mission.
Monday April 18 – Various flights Travel Day
The team – both band and support staff –departs from home cities flying overnight eastward toward Europe and Ukraine.
- Pray for on-time flights and safe travel for the band and support staff traveling today: Kevin Barham, John Bell, Trent Blackley, Michael Bridges, John Hewitt, Paul Jennings, Igor Kudelin, Steve Slayton, Rockey Smith, Tony and Jennifer Truitt.
- Pray that the instruments and bags will be transferred and loaded correctly each time the team changes planes.
- Pray for supernatural rest and comfort during travel.
- Pray for the pastor and director in each Ukrainian city as they complete preparations for the evangelistic concert.
- Pray for Michael Gott International’s staff in Ukraine as they double check all venues and complete all tasks. Ask God to give them joy!
Tuesday April 19 – Kiev Travel Day
The groups will transfer in various European airports to flights to their destination – Kiev, Ukraine.
- Pray for on-time, problem-free transfers at airports as team members board their final flight into Kiev.
- Pray again that bags and instruments will arrive with the group.
Afternoon arrival at 2:25 p.m. and transfer one hour to Dom Evangeliya Baptist Church for a night of rest.
- Pray for the group as they clear customs and transfer by van to the church and then walk to an area restaurant to eat an early dinner.
- Pray for ease with check-in and rooming arrangements.
- Pray for the health and stamina of each person on the mission team.
- Pray for immediate unity of Michael Gott International leadership and staff and the Country Boys band. Ask God to make them all like family. (Romans 12:5 – apply it.)
- Pray that each team member will be filled with expectancy about what God will do through them.
- Pray for a good night’s rest and for adjustment to the time change.
- Pray daily for the person who enlisted you to pray for this mission.
Wednesday April 20 – Lviv – First Ministry Day – Concert #1
Early morning transfer by express train from Kiev to Lviv, population 811,000
- This team has already traveled for 2 days, and this makes 3! Ask God to give them rest on the five hour train journey to Lviv.
- Pray for comfortable rooming situations at Dnister Hotel where the team will stay for two nights.
- Pray wisdom for MGI leadership Michael and Jan Gott, and Amy Pannell, who have organized and will administrate this mission .
- Pray for the singers and instrumentalists as they prepare for their first concert in Lviv. Pray for them all by name: Kevin Barham, Trent Blackley, Michael Bridges, John Hewitt, Paul Jennings, Igor Kudelin, Steve Slayton.
- Pray for the support staff – Linda Comstock, LG Pannell, Christina Polk, Judy Shipp, Tony and Jennifer Truitt and Allison Ware. Support staff will greet, hand out programs and decision cards, CD’s and New Testaments.
- Pray strength for the MGI staff in Ukraine headed by Kseniya (Ksusha) Bondarenko. Ksusha will be joined by Valera Tseona, Sasha Marchuk, Sergey Marchuk, Artem Bakulich and Sergey Yakovchuk. This team of mature Christian young people are interpreters and servants. They will take every step that we take and make sure that every detail is handled properly.
- Ask God to bless the Prayer Team that is made up of American team members and Ukrainian believers from the churches of Lviv. Prayer teams will pray during every concert in all eight cities.
- Pray for the 7:00 p.m. concert at the Lviv Hetkevych Palace of Culture.
- Pray that from this first concert there will be a heavy burden to see the audience – men, women, boys and girls – put all of their faith in Christ.
- Pray for John Bell, who will head the media team. Pray that the media presentation will have great impact as the words of songs and sermon are projected in Ukrainian language so that the message of forgiveness through Christ can be understood.
- Ask God to give the interpreter Valera Tseona and Michael Gott one heart as they proclaim the message. (Valera Tseona traveled with the Singing Men choir during their concert tour in 2015 and was Michael’s interpreter in 3 English language events in 2015/16.)
- After the concert the team will go back to the hotel for dinner. Pray that they will sleep well through this second night in Ukraine.
Thursday April 21 – Lutsk – Second Ministry Day – Concert #2
After breakfast and 10:00 a.m. devotional at Dnister Hotel conference room the team will have a brief tour of Lviv and then board the bus for a three hour trip to Lutsk, population 208,000.
- Pray specifically for our witness in the hotel today. Pray that desk managers, waiters, waitresses and housekeepers will all see Christ in our attitudes and actions.
- Pray that the daily devotionals will minister to each team member at the point of their need. Ask God to use this time to give the team one heart and purpose.
- Pray specifically for our witness in the hotel today. Pray that desk managers, waiters, waitresses and housekeepers will all see Christ in our attitudes and actions.
- Pray that God will give the team good health and energy.
- Pray that lost, hurting people will see the banners and posters in the city and the pop-up adds on their computers and come to the concert.
- This concert hall is requiring us to give one ticket per seat so that people are not standing in the aisles. Pray that not one seat is wasted and that those with open hearts will get a seat. Only God can make that happen!
- Pray again that an overwhelming burden will be felt in the heart of each team member to see Ukrainians come to saving knowledge of Christ.
- Pray for the bus driver who will travel with and live with the team. Pray that he will see Christ in the lives of the team, hear the message of Christ and be saved.
- Pray for the 7:00 p.m. concert at Lutsk Theater Hall.
- Pray that when the band begins to sing Christian songs, the audience will be glued in their seats and feel deeply, “This is something I need.”
- Pray for strong conviction and drawing by the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for deep joy in each team member’s heart as they go back to the
hotel for dinner and a good night of rest.
Friday April 22 – Ivano Frankivsk – Third Ministry Day – Concert #3
- After breakfast, devotional, and lunch the team will transfer 83 miles to the regional capital of Ivano Frankivsk, population 221,700
- Ask God for the spirit of refreshing faith from Christ to come to everyone during the daily devotional time. (Philemon 1:6-7)
- Pray for the follow-up teams in Lutsk and Lviv as they call and write to those who said “yes” to the gospel of Christ.
- Pray for the bus driver and for the team as they travel today. It is two hours from Lviv to Ivano Frankivsk. Thank God for the blessing of the new road that was built between the two cities in summer, 2015.
- Pray that God is exalted in music and message this evening in the
- 7:00 p.m. concert at Regional Music Theater in Ivano Frankivsk.
- Pray for each person at this concert to stay through the message and that the convicting power of the Holy Spirit will be felt by all.
- Pray that many who have never said “yes” to forgiveness and new life through Christ will declare their faith at this concert.
- The CDs have gospel songs and a clear gospel message which is translated into Ukrainian. Pray that it will be listened to with families and friends.
- Praise God for the Baptist Church and the Evangelical Church in Ivano Frankivsk and the many volunteers who have prepared so well for this evening’s evangelistic concert.
- Pray for complete rest at the hotel in Ivano Frankivsk.
Saturday April 23 – Chernivtsi – Fourth Ministry Day – Concert #4
- Breakfast and devotional at the hotel. 11:00 a.m. departure for Chernivtsi, population 255,000
- The musicians, evangelist and interpreter are now entering the most demanding days of the mission. Ask God to lift them up in heart and voice so that they can continue to lift up Christ.
- Pray that excitement will be felt throughout the city and for the supporting churches to be on fire with a desire to see people saved. (Read Acts 4:33.)
- Pray that as the team walks through the city center this afternoon, they will invite those to the concert with searching hearts. (Psalm 57:9)
- Pray that the band, support team and Ukrainian staff will work together in perfect unity always putting others first and always pointing toward Christ. Pray that the Spirit of Christ will bridge all cultural gaps and give the team one heart.
- Singing Men choirs have never taken the message of Christ through song to Chernivtsi Region before. Ask God to fill the band members with joyful anticipation as they prepare for the evangelistic concert.
- 7:00 p.m. concert at Chernivtsi Philharmonic Center. Ask God to fill it with hopeless, searching people!
- Ask God to unify the prayer team made up of Americans and Ukrainian believers as they pray together during this concert.
- Pray that God will begin a work in hearts of believers and unbelievers alike causing them to have a God-awareness and seek His forgiveness.
- Pray that the band will have great empathy with the audience.
- Pray that Evangelist Michael Gott and Valera Tseona will be as one man working together with forceful compassion. (This is Valera’s home city. Pray that his friends will come and be saved.)
Sunday April 24 – Khmelnitskiy – Fifth Ministry Day – Concert #5
Morning departure for the four hour trip to Khmelnitskiy, population 262,000
- Pray that the team will awaken with enthusiasm, full of faith.
- Pray that today’s worship will be a time of equipping for the concert this evening.
- Pray that God will give the entire team supernatural strength of spirit, body, and voice.
- Pray that those who respond today will be “radically saved” and that the gift CD with a sermon will be listened to hundreds of times.
- Pray that many family members and friends will hear the sermon on the CD and will be converted to Christ. (Acts 5:42 – claim it for all!)
- 6:00 p.m. concert at Khmelnitskiy Philharmonic Hall
- Pray that as the gospel is presented, a holy hush will fall over the crowd and that they will listen to the voice of God as He speaks to them.
- Ask God that the impact will be area wide. (Read Acts 4:31.)
- Pray that the late dinner time at the Baptist church will be a time of rejoicing for the entire team – band, evangelist, American staff and Ukrainian staff.
- Pray that the team will go to bed in a Khmelnitskiy hotel with the joy and peace of having given all in today’s evangelistic concert.
Monday April 25 – Travel Day
Breakfast, devotional, and begin the 6 hour journey to Kiev, population 2.7 million.
- Pray that the group will keep their hearts and minds on the evangelistic purpose of the journey as they travel from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. and arrive to their final hotel where they will stay for 4 nights.
- Thank God for the past five days of evangelism in western Ukraine. Ask our faithful God to continue to lead those who said “yes” to a caring church and Bible study – giving “fruit that lasts.”
- Thank God for the mission staff member or musician who gave you this prayer guide. Ask God to continually give them great joy as they lift up Christ.
- Continue to pray that the team will be perfectly united in heart and purpose.
- Pray for the entire team exhausted from hours of ministry; ask God to give them the joy of His presence and supernatural rest.
Tuesday April 26 – Chernihiv – Sixth Ministry Day – Concert # 6
Breakfast, devotional and walking tour before traveling two hours to Chernihiv (the first capital of Ukraine), population 290,000. 86 miles from the border between Ukraine and Russia
- Ask God to give the team physical and spiritual refreshment as they go after devotional on a walking tour with advanced English speakers from Michael Gott International courses in Kiev. Pray that they will have the opportunity to share Christ’s love with each student.
- Pray for the afternoon two hour transfer from Kiev to the Regional
Capital of Chernihiv. This is the first time for Singing Men of Texas to take the message of Christ to this region.
- 7:00 p.m. concert at Chernihiv Philharmonic Center.
- Pray for the amazing power of God to be evident from the moment the people enter this city’s largest hall. (Claim this verse – Acts 5:14.)
- Ask God to pour out His Spirit on the band and evangelist as they present Christ.
- Praise God for His power to save and change lives.
- Pray that as the team buses back to Kiev, they will be joyfully grateful to God for all He has done.
Wednesday April 27 – Cherkassy – Seventh Ministry Day – Concert # 7
After breakfast and devotional the team will have a meeting with area pastors and then travel three hours to Cherkassy, population 283,599.
- Pray that today each team member will reflect Christ to the hotel staff and to everyone who serves us.
- Pray that all team members will have true joy – giving all glory to God for what we have experienced during these days.
- Ask God that He alone be glorified – both in the American team members’ hearts and in the hearts of MGI’s Ukrainian staff.
- Pray for the group as they take their final journey to sing in a region where Singing Men choirs are taking the message of Christ for the first time.
- 7:00 p.m. Concert at Cherkassy Philharmonic Hall
- Thank God for Rockey Smith from Sunnyvale First Baptist and the MGI sound team from Zhitomir (Vasya, Bogdan, Vova and Sasha), who work together to make sure that the message in song and sermon is heard clearly in each concert.
- Pray that this beautiful hall will be packed with people who need the forgiveness and peace of God through Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the group’s final journey on the bus along the Dnieper River back to Kiev. Ask God that in each heart there will be amazement and joy for all that God has done.
Thursday April 28 – Kiev – Eighth Ministry Day – Concert # 8
Morning praise service for God’s blessings on this evangelistic concert tour before lunch together and preparation for final concert in Kiev, population 2.7 million
- Pray that each person will wake up today praising God for the privilege to take His gospel to Ukraine.
- Ask God to visit the devotional time today with His powerful presence and bring every team member to complete dependence on Him.
- Pray for effective advertisement and that churches will bring lost friends and family to the concert this evening.
- Pray for the 7:00 p.m. concert at Kiev Aviation Hall in the university area of Kiev. Ask God to speak to the many youth who are expected at the concert. Pray that their hearts and minds will be drawn to Christ.
- Pray for the power of God to fall on the concert. (Acts 8:6-9)
- Pray for God-produced decisions and an effective follow-up to begin.
- Pray that the choir and support team will finish strong. (Claim this promise – Psalm 94:19.)
- Thank God for all He has done in Ukraine. You have been part of the team through your prayers. We are so grateful for your effective and important support!
Friday May 1 – Return Home Travel Day
All team members take morning flights through cities in Western Europe and on to home airports in Texas with afternoon and evening arrivals.
- Pray that the airlines check-in of the team members will go perfectly.
- Pray for on-time, safe flights.
- Pray for the joy and fulfillment of being totally spent in reaching the lost with the love of Christ to fall over each weary team member.
- Pray that God will give rest and comfort on the long flight from Europe to the US.
- Pray for bags to arrive with team members.
- Pray for easy disembarkation and customs clearance at airports.
- Pray for reuniting with family and friends. Ask God to give joyful times of sharing what God did in Ukraine.
- After 12 days of travel and intense evangelism before several thousand unbelievers there can be a “spiritual down” – even depression. Ask God by His Spirit to lift every team member above emotional exhaustion.
- Pray that the team members will have opportunity to share with home congregations – giving God glory and praise for victories.
Saturday – Monday May 2 – 4 – Continue in Prayer
First Days after Mission – Team members return to home situations and work. Evangelism and follow-up in Ukraine continues. New believers begin their spiritual journey.
- Pray for those coming back to worship ministries in Texas this Sunday. Ask God to give them rest. Pray that the jet-lag coming westward will be quickly over and that they will be able to minister with joy and enthusiasm in home churches here.
- Days of the mission are now over, but the follow-up in Ukraine is just beginning. Pray for the follow-up directors and teams that are now calling and e-mailing each person who made a positive response on their decision card. Ask God to help them to be faithful to the task. Ask God to give them favor and wisdom.
- Ask God to bless all Ukrainians who had a part in the events. Go back through this guide and pray for each church and each city.
- Pray for Texas churches and a spirit of awakening to come as a result of the ministry reports!
- Pray for the Singing Men of North Central Texas who are preparing to take 150 on an evangelistic concert tour in April, 2017.
- Pray for Michael and Jan Gott as they continue their work in evangelism. Ask God to give them strength for the task to do the work to which God has called them.