Dear Prayer Partner,
Thank you so much for your commitment to pray during this upcoming trip to Ukraine. Your prayer support is vital to this mission. We look forward to sharing with you all that God is doing in Ukraine. Use this site to pray for the mission in Ukraine each day beginning April 20. Remember the time difference – Ukraine is 8 hours ahead of Central Daylight Time. At 7:00 a.m. CDT it’s 3:00 p.m. in Ukraine. We especially need you to pray for us when you wake up, and off and on until 3 p.m. your time each day. That’s when we will be most busy and challenged. We ask you to pray fervently and faithfully each day. We believe that the success of this evangelism effort is greatly increased by your prayers. We cannot do this alone. We depend on you to pray. May God richly bless you as you spend time with Him praying for the people of Ukraine.
You can download a copy of the Guide To Prayer by following this link. It is formatted to print as a booklet. A Guide To Prayer Booklet
Monday, April 20, 2015 – Travel Day
The Singing Men and their mission partners depart from their home cities, flying overnight eastward toward Europe and Ukraine.
- Pray for on-time flights and no delays.
- Pray for safe travel. Pray for the baggage to arrive on time.
- Pray for supernatural rest and comfort during travel.
- Pray for the pastors and directors in each Ukrainian city as they complete preparations. Pray for real joy and a spirit of expectancy as they work.
- Pray for God to cause needy people with open hearts to see the advertising and be drawn to attend the concerts.
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 – Travel Day – Kiev & Zhitomir
The entire group will transfer through cities in Europe to ongoing flights to the capital city of Kiev, Ukraine. Afternoon arrivals at Kiev Borispol Airport and a 2 1/2 hour bus transfer to the hotels in Zhitomir.
- Pray for problem-free transfers.
- Pray for bags containing musical instruments, supplies, and clothing to be transferred correctly and arrive with the choir.
- Pray for orderly and safe transfers from Kiev to Zhitomir.
- Pray for ease with check-in and rooming arrangements.
- Pray for the health and stamina of each person on the mission team.
- Pray for immediate unity of SMOT members, Mission Partners, and Michael Gott International Mission Staff who will work beside them for these ten days of evangelistic mission. (Romans 12:5 – apply it.)
- Pray that the American team and the Ukrainian support team will have common purpose and heart. (Ecclesiastes 9:10 –claim it for all.)
- Pray for a good night’s rest and for adjustment to the time change.
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Ministry Day 1 – Zhitomir – Concerts #1 & #2
Breakfast in hotels and transfer to church for rehearsals, devotional and lunch. Afternoon walk to the central concert hall near our hotels in Zhitomir, population 270,500 – Concerts #1 and #2.
- Pray for the team to have a strong witness at the hotels where they will sleep and eat breakfast daily.
- Ask God to bless Ukraine with beautiful weather during these days.
- Pray for the organization meetings at the hotel on this first concert day as teams plan for distribution of programs, decision cards New Testaments and CDs. (Ecclesiastes 9:17-18)
- For the first three mornings of mission the team will transfer to Central Baptist Church in Zhitomir for devotional, team meetings, and lunch. Lunch is cooked by Baptist sisters. Pray that God will make the church staff feel an important part of this ministry. Ask Him to make us one!
- It is hard work to feed 200 people every day for three days. Ask God to give the cooks joy and strength as they work together.
- Pray for the Singing Men of Texas and their directors today as they practice and prepare for this evening’s concert. Ask God to give them perfect harmony in heart and voice.
- The choir and support staff will arrive at the city square near “Kochergy” Theater early to hand out invitations to the concert. Pray that these final fliers will go to searching, hopeless people and that these people will come to the concert and hear the message of Christ.
- Pray for this evening’s back-to-back 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. concerts at Kochergy Theater – 1,000 seats. Pray for overflow crowds. (9 AM & 11 AM Texas time)
- Pray for Directors Dan Baker and Todd Wilson who will direct the concerts each evening. Ask God to give them mastery for the Master.
- Pray that the media presentation will have great impact as the words of songs and sermon are projected in Ukrainian language so that the message of forgiveness through Christ can be understood.
- Ask God to give the interpreter and Michael Gott one heart as they proclaim the message. Igor Yaremchuk, evangelist and President of Irpen Bible Seminary, will interpret for the first 5 and last 2 concerts. Pray that many who attend will turn to Christ in faith.
- After the concert the team will go by bus to dinner and then to the hotels. Ask God to help each one of them to sleep through the night.
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Ministry Day 2 – Berdichev – Concert #3
Breakfast in hotel and transfer to church for devotional and lunch. Afternoon bus transfer 25 miles to Berdichev, population 78,000 – Concert #3
- Pray specifically for our witness in the hotel today. Pray that desk managers, waiters and waitresses and housekeepers will all see Christ in our attitudes and actions.
- Pray that God will give the team good health as we eat different foods and travel daily.
- Pray that our bus transfers to the cities for concerts will be a good time of fellowship and praise. Ask God to use this time to unite the team.
- Ask God to use the churches in Berdichev to invite every person in their town to the concert. It is the smallest city on the tour, but pastors and people are united to bring the message of Christ to their city. (Acts 2:46)
- Pray for the 7:00 p.m. concert at the Berdichev Palace of Culture – 1,000 seats. (11 AM Texas Time)
- Pray that when the choir sings and Evangelist Michael Gott and Igor Yaremchuk preach the simple, convicting message of forgiveness through Christ, many will turn to Christ in repentance and faith.
- Pray for joy on all four buses as the tired team travels back to Zhitomir.
Friday, April 24, 2015
Ministry Day 3 – Rivne – Concerts #4 & #5
After breakfast, devotional, and lunch the team will transfer 114 miles to the regional capital of Rivne, population 246,000 – Concerts #4 and #5.
- Ask God for the health of all, enough rest for everyone.
- Ask God for a spirit of refreshing to come to everyone during the daily devotional time. Pray, “Lord, let each person experience renewal.”
- Pray that words of gratitude will be meaningful to those in Zhitomir who worked beside the mission team for the first three days. Ask God to bless all who worked to make effective ministry possible.
- Pray for the follow-up teams in Zhitomir and Berdichev as they call and write to those who said “yes” to the gospel of Christ.
- Pray for bus drivers and for the team as they travel over 5 hours today – 2 ½ hours from Zhitomir to Rivne for concerts and 3 hours from Rivne to Lviv (the ministry center for the next four days) after concerts.
- 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. concert at Rivne Regional Academic Theater – 700 seats. (9 AM & 11 AM Texas Time) Pray that God is exalted in music and message.
- Pray for each person at this concert to stay through the message and that the convicting power of the Holy Spirit will be felt by all.
- Pray that the New Testaments and CD’s with songs by the choir and a clear gospel message will be read, listened to, treasured and shared.
- Pray again for safety in travel as the buses transfer the team 3 hours to Lviv near the border with Poland (arriving after 11:00 p.m.) and move into a central hotel.
- Pray for good organization and fast check-in.
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Ministry Day 4 – Lviv – Concerts #6 & #7
Breakfast and devotional at the hotel followed by lunch at a cafeteria near the hotel. Today’s concerts are in the regional capital of Lviv, population 811,000 – Concerts #6 and #7.
- The directors, singers, and evangelist are now entering the most demanding days of the mission. Ask God to lift them up in heart and voice so that they can continue to lift up Christ.
- Pray that excitement will be felt throughout the city and for the supporting churches to be on fire with a desire to see people saved. (Read Acts 4:33.)
- Pray that as the team walks through the city center this afternoon that they will invite those to the concert with searching hearts. (Psalm 57:9)
- Pray for the MGI Mission staff made up of American mission workers and Ukrainians as they serve the team. Pray for loving unity.
- Ask God to fill each musician and director with a new spirit of joy and thrill as they prepare to sing in one of Ukraine’s most famous halls tonight. Pray that all focus will be to glorify God.
- 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. concerts at Lviv Academic Theater of Opera – 1,000 seats. Ask God to fill it twice with searching people! (9 AM & 11 AM Texas Time)
- Ask God to unify the prayer team made up of American and Ukrainian believers as they pray nightly in a separate room during each concert.
- Pray that God will begin a work in hearts of believers and unbelievers alike causing them to have a God-awareness and seek His forgiveness.
- Pray for the choir to sing the Gospel with joy and deep emotion.
- Pray that Evangelist Michael Gott and Slavic Nazarkevych, Ukrainian language interpreter, will be as one man working together with forceful compassion. (Along the western border Ukrainian is spoken.)
Sunday, April 26, 2015
Ministry Day 5 – Lviv and Lutsk – Concert #8
Worship in Lviv churches. Afternoon travel 93 miles (three hours by bus) to Lutsk – Concert #8.
- Pray that the team will awaken with enthusiasm, full of faith.
- Pray that today’s worship will be a time of equipping for the final four concerts.
- Pray for Singing Men of Texas Directors Don Blackley and Jay Ghormley as they lead worship in Lviv churches today.
- Pray that those who respond today will be “radically saved” and that the gift CD with a sermon will be listened to hundreds of times.
- Pray that many family members and friends will hear the sermon on the CD and will be converted to Christ. (Acts 5:42 – claim it for all!)
- Pray for strength and stamina for those on the mission team who are older and those who have health issues. (Psalms 92:14)
- Pray that God will give the entire team supernatural strength of spirit, body, and voice.
- 6:00 p.m. concert at Lutsk Theater Hall in the city center – 775 seats.
(10 AM Texas Time)
- Pray that as the gospel is presented, a holy hush will fall over the crowd and that they will listen to the voice of God to their hearts.
- Ask God that the impact will be area wide. (Read Acts 4:31.)
- Pray that the three Baptist churches of Lutsk sponsoring this concert will have a renewed burden to reach the lost of their city.
- Pray for the drivers who transfer the team 3 hours back to Lviv.
- Pray that the team will go to bed with the joy and peace of having given all in today’s evangelistic concerts.
Monday, April 27, 2015
Ministry Day 6 – Ivano Frankivsk – Concert #9 & #10
Breakfast, devotional, and lunch in Lviv hotel; after lunch buses transfer the team 2 hours to Ivano Frankivsk – population 221,700 – Concert #9 & #10.
- Thank God for this final day in western Ukraine. Ask Him to continue to bless those with whom we served – giving “fruit that lasts”.
- Thank God for the mission partner or musician who gave you this prayer guide. Ask God to give them great joy as they lift up Christ.
- Bags will be sent ahead to Kiev by transport truck so the team can board the train tomorrow with only carry-ons and instruments. Ask God to bless those bags all the way to our hotel rooms in Kiev where we will stay for the final 3 days of mission.
- Praise God for the Baptist Church and the Evangelical Church in Ivano Frankivsk and the many volunteers who have prepared so well for this evening’s evangelistic concert.
- Today the buses must travel 2 hours over very rough roads. Pray that God will supernaturally help the team to relax and rest as we travel. Pray again for the drivers.
- 5:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m. concerts at Regional Music Theater in Ivano Frankivsk – 1,000 seats. (9 AM & 11 AM Texas Time)
- Pray for the power of the Gospel to be evident with a supernatural evangelistic response. (Claim this verse – Acts 5:14.)
- Pray for the entire team exhausted from hours of ministry; ask God to give them the joy of His presence and supernatural rest as they return to Lviv. They arrive to Lviv at 11:00 p.m. and leave for Kiev tomorrow morning by train at 6:00 a.m.
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Ministry Day 7 – Kiev – Concert #11
Transfer by train from Lviv to Ukraine’s capital city of Kiev, population 2.7 million; devotional and lunch at Dom Evangeliya – Kiev’s Central Baptist Church; evening concert in the city center – Concert #11.
- Thank God for Dom Evangeliya and Pastor Vitaly Kozubovsky – our supporting church in Kiev. (Pastor Vitaly was youth pastor in Kiev when Michael went there in 1966. He has been senior pastor for 30 years.) The team will eat lunch and have a devotional at the church before checking into their hotel at 2:00 p.m.
- Pray for organized and fast check-in at the hotel.
- Pray with fervency that God will fill Palace of “Ukraina” this evening – every seat. People of Kiev have been through over a year of war. Many struggle to survive. They are desperate for the faith and hope, forgiveness and peace that only Christ can give.
- 7:00 p.m. concert at Palace of “Ukraina” – 3,600 seats. (11 AM Texas Time)
- Pray for the amazing power of God to be evident from the moment the people enter this huge hall. (Claim this verse – Acts 5:14.)
- Pray that all sound and projection will be done without difficulty and that there will be nothing that distracts from the message.
- Ask God to pour out His Spirit on each director and each musician, and on Michael Gott and Igor Yaremchuk as they sing and preach Christ.
- Praise God for His power to save and change lives.
- Pray that as the team walks back to the hotel, all will be awed by what was experienced this evening.
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Ministry Day 8 – Kiev – No Concert
After breakfast the team will have a day of rejoicing – beginning with a walking tour of Kiev with university students. The day will end with a praise service at Dom Evangeliya Baptist Church.
- Pray that today each team member will reflect Christ to the hotel staff and to everyone who serves us.
- Ask God to give the team physical and spiritual refreshment as they go on a walking tour with advanced English speakers from Michael Gott International courses in Kiev.
- Pray that they will have the opportunity to share Christ’s love with each student.
- Pray that all team members will have true joy – giving all glory to God for what we have experienced during these days.
- Ask God that He alone be glorified in the praise service – both in the American team members’ hearts and in the hearts of our Mission staff and church members who come.
- Pray that our hearts stay focused on mission as we begin to pack.
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Ministry Day 9 – Bila Tserkva – Concert #12
After breakfast at the hotel and devotional and lunch at Dom Evangeliya travel 65 miles to Bila Tserkva (White Church), population 204,000. – Concert #12.
- Pray that each person will wake up today praising God for the privilege to take His gospel to Ukraine.
- Ask God to visit the devotional time today with His powerful presence and bring every team member to complete dependence on Him.
- Pray for effective advertisement and that churches will bring non-Christians from small towns and villages surrounding Bila Tserkva.
- Pray for our transfer by buses to Bila Tserkva. Pray that our bus drivers will attend the concerts and trust Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Pray for the 7:00 p.m. concert at Rosava Palace of Culture – 1,100 seats. (11 AM Texas Time) Ask God to overcome religious prejudices with Christ’s love.
- Pray for the power of God to fall on the concert. (Acts 8:6-9)
- Pray for God-produced decisions and an effective follow-up to begin.
- Pray that the choir and support team will finish strong. (Claim this promise – Psalm 94:19.)
- Pray for safe transfers back to hotel by 10:30 p.m.
Friday, May 1, 2015
All team members take morning flights through Europe and on to home airports with afternoon and evening arrivals.
- Pray that the airlines check-in of the team members will go perfectly.
- Pray for on-time, safe flights.
- Pray for the joy and fulfillment of being totally spent in reaching the lost with the love of Christ to fall over each weary team member.
- Pray that God will give rest and comfort on the long flight from Europe.
- Pray for bags to arrive with team members.
- Pray for easy disembarkation and customs clearance at airports.
- Pray for reuniting with family and friends. Ask God to give joyful, peaceful times of sharing what God did in Ukraine.
- After 12 days of travel and intense evangelism before several thousand unbelievers there can be a “spiritual down” – even depression. Ask God by His Spirit to lift every team member.
- Pray that the team members will have opportunity to share with home congregations – giving God glory and praise for victories they saw.
Saturday, May 2 – Monday, May 4, 2015
Final Days After the Mission
Team members return to home situations and work. Evangelism and follow-up in Ukraine continues. New believers begin their spiritual journey.
- Pray for those coming back to worship ministries in Texas this Sunday. Ask God to give them rest.
- Pray that the jet-lag coming westward will be quickly over and that they will be able to minister with joy and enthusiasm in home churches here.
- Days of the mission are now over, but the follow-up in Ukraine is just beginning. Pray for the follow-up directors and teams that are now calling and e-mailing each person who made a positive response on their decision card. Ask God to help them to be faithful to the task. Ask God to give them favor and wisdom.
- Ask God that one of the converts will become “the Billy Graham” of Ukraine and that one of the young women converted will be his wife.
- Ask God to bless all Ukrainians who had a part in the events. Go back through this guide and pray for each church and each city.
- Pray for Texas churches and a spirit of awakening to come as a result of the ministry reports!
- Pray for Singing Men of Texas and their six chapters as the directors keep the focus on glorifying Christ and making Him known to all.
- Pray for Michael and Jan Gott as they continue their work in evangelism. Ask God to give them strength for the task and supernatural finances to do the work to which God has called them.